The simple answer to this question is yes; you can learn various degrees of mediumship. In my years of mentoring others, I have seen many acquire mediumship skills.
One’s mediumship journey is unique and individual. Some are born with the gifts of a medium. Others are brought to it because of tragedy, loss, grief, or drawn by curiosity.
It is important to say that just because you can learn mediumship skills does not mean you should become a medium. We each have our own natural talents and gifts. Mediumship comes with a ton of responsibility. One’s mediumship skills, talents, and abilities will vary from person to person.
Also, if it is something that you are trying to force, like a pair of Cinderella’s slippers, it will be terribly uncomfortable. When we are uncomfortable, we become a blocked channel, defeating the purpose in its entirety. Just because I have the tools to sing does not mean that I should. At the end of the day, we each have our callings. The question is, is mediumship yours?
We are all connected; if you want to feel closer to the departed, learn to utilize your intuition, or recognize signs and messages, you can do that without becoming a medium. Being open to the divine and trusting what you receive will be essential. Try taking a course on Awakening Your Intuition for expansion in this area.
No matter the path that brought you to this moment, it is worth honoring when it is mediumship you are being called to. Nothing can stand in our way once we truly understand that we are not separate from the divine.
Our objective in mediumship is to prove that a form of life continues after our physical death. Often, people come to a medium for comfort and reassurance that their loved ones are OK and that they made it safely to the other side; sometimes, a person needs a reading for closure, healing, and to learn of their connection to the divine.
There are many different avenues one can take in mediumship. Some include evidential mediumship, channel mediumship, physical mediumship, inspirational mediumship, and energy mediumship. No matter the path you choose, the objective remains the same.
Over the years, we have come up with various names, measures, and perspectives relating to mediums and mediumship. Too often, we draw conclusions based on other’s belief systems and perceptions. It is fair that if you are drawn to this work, you allow yourself time to explore it.
If you know that you are ready to dip your toes into the world of mediumship, I would love to embark on this journey with you. Check out what you can learn in the Spiritual Mediumship Development Course below.
Spiritual Mediumship Development Course
What you’ll learn
- The importance of grounding, raising your vibrations, and sitting in your power.
- Own your intentions, know your boundaries, and rid yourself of your fears and anxieties.
- Expand the use of your clairs to connect with spirit.
- Apply mindfulness to mediumship.
- Connect with your spiritual team and expand your spiritual awareness.
- How to do self-work to better express spirit’s point of view.
- Implement spiritual practice strategies.
- Why do we utilize practice circles to develop, and how do we get started.
- The structure and flow of a reading.
- Create powerful healing messages by elaborating on the evidence and reason that spirit came to visit.
- You will learn to discuss how you work and set the expectations for a reading.
- Acquire the skills necessary to tie up a reading successfully.
- How to bring your confidence and knowledge into the spiritual community.
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- A desire to learn mediumship
- A willingness to practice connecting to spirit
- A journal or notebook for exercises and note-taking
If you would like to learn more about the different types of mediumships, check out this article: Exploring the Different Types of Mediumship
EA is on Medium!